UC San Diego Data Science MicroMasters
In this MicroMasters program, you will develop a well-rounded understanding of the mathematical and computational tools that form the basis of data science and how to use those tools to make data-driven business recommendations.
Specification: UC San Diego Data Science MicroMasters
|Free Trial (in days)|
|Duration (in months)|
|What will you learn?|
Big Data, Github, Machine Learning, MapReduce, Matplotlib, Pandas, Probability, Statistics
|Programming Language Used|
1. Machine Learning Fundamentals – Understand machine learning's role in data-driven modeling, prediction, and decision-making.
|Graded quizzes & assignments|
3 reviews for UC San Diego Data Science MicroMasters
- This course was thorough and presented at a good pace. Recommend to anyone looking for a broad introduction to Python.
- Course covers the most relevant requirements that companies expects from an employee in this field.
- Micromasters credential does not give credit at UCSD, it only gives credit at Curtin University which not many had heard of.
- Layout of material is not great, the way they've setup the discussion platform leads to a flood of mandatory 'engagement' replies blocking out everything else.
- A lot of code examples use variables with the same name as built-in functions which bothers students a bit.
Farhad Kamal –
Alhamdulillah! Finally I have completed all the requirements for the Data Science MicroMasters from UC San Diego.
which includes following four courses#:
• Python for Data Science
• Probability and Statistics in Data Science using Python
• Machine Learning Fundamentals
• Big Data Analytics Using Spark
#datascience #machinelearning #python #spark #bigdataanalytics
Ganesh Selke –
Successfully completed University of California, San Diego’s second course as a part of Data Science MicroMasters Program:
“DSE210x: Probability and Statistics in Data Science using Python”
The course is perfect blend of statistics and programming for data science.
Course instructor: 1) Dr. Alon Orlitsky
Professor, ECE and CSE Departments, UC San Diego
2) Yoav Freund
Professor, CSE Department, UC San Diego
Thanks to Dr. Alon Orlitsky, Yoav Freund, UCSD & @edX for providing a great platform for practical learning.
#UCSD #Probability #Statistics #DataScience #Binomial #Bayes #Bernoulli #Poisson #ParameterEstimation #Regression #PCA #HypothesisTesting #Python #ML #AI #EdX #Analytics
Marco Spaanhok –
Today my second Term starts in the micromasters program of UC San Diego.
In this term probability and statistics are the main ingredients in the module: ‘Probability and Statistics in Data Science using Python’.
I’m very much looking forward in biting my teeth in this content and would like to thank professors Alon Orlitsky and Yoav Freund for the coming lectures.
Hope this term is going to be as much fun as the previous one! #python #keeponlearning #lookingforward #fun #data #datascience