Machine Learning course by Andrew NG on Coursera is one of the best course to start learning Machine Learning. It covers enough theory to clear your basic concepts.
10 weeks long basic course on Machine Learning, good for beginners. People who know linear algebra and probability might find this one a bit slower paced, as it goes through several details of calculations.
Specification: Stanford Machine Learning
|Free Trial (in days)|
|Duration (in months)|
|What will you learn?|
Anomaly Detection, Dimensionality Reduction, Large Scale Machine Learning, Linear Algebra, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Octave/Matlab, Recommender Systems, Regularization, Support Vector Machines, unsupervised learning
|Programming Language Used|
1. Introduction to Machine Learning.
|Graded quizzes & assignments|
5 reviews for Stanford Machine Learning
- Taught by Andrew Ng. Andrew's mathematical explanation behind every concept is a great plus point.
- The concepts are all very clearly explained.
- This course covered the basics, well crafted and a phenomenal starter course for machine learning.
- Octave/MATLAB is used to do these assignments and not Python. Some people think feel useless to do hands-on in MATLAB / OCTAVE. They prefer to do hands-on in python instead.